[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.0rc1 has problems finding blas

Hanno Klemm klemm at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 26 09:26:23 CDT 2006

Hello,

I try to build numpy 1.0rc1 with blas and lapack installed in another
place than /usr/lib. I compiled blas and lapack according to the
instructions on the scipy webpage and installed them under
/scratch/python2.4/lib.

I set the environment variables
BLAS=/scratch/python2.4/lib/libfblas.a and
LAPACK=/scratch/python2.4/lib/libflapack.a

however, if I run python setup.py config in the numpy source
directory, it appears only to pick up the libraries installed under
/usr/lib, which are incomplete.

What else can I do to help numpy finding the right libraries?

Regards,
Hanno

--
Hanno Klemm