[Numpy-discussion] Axis Iterator?

Brendan Simons brendansimons at yahoo.ca
Thu Sep 14 22:27:59 CDT 2006

Oh that's cool.  For some reason I thought that the built in iterator
(for i in array) iterated over cells, not the first axis.  I also
didn't think about swapaxes.    Is there any desire to add a
convenience function or method as follows?

def axisIter(selfOrArr, i):
	return iter(selfOrArr.swapAxes(0,i))

Thanks for everyone who helped out.   I've got something that works
now.  Cheers.
    Brendan