[Numpy-discussion] Experience with Visit?

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:15:55 CDT 2006

I have looked at it, and I even know somebody who is using python to
put in a data reader for FVCOM (a finite volume ocean model).  He has
a prototype working.  I have no experience with the python bindings
personally.

I looked into compiling it from source (for an intel mac), but it was
daunting so I gave up.

I also contacted them to try to put in lower level python bindings,
so that we could create 3D graphics from the command line, but they
didn't seem too interested in that.

Otherwise, it is a very nice workable app.

-Rob