[Numpy-discussion] compiling ATLAS for numpy

Hanno Klemm klemm at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 28 05:47:55 CDT 2006

Emanuele,

the scipy compiler flags under

http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral

work well. However, if you happen to have to use gcc 3.2.3 (e.g. often
in Redhat Enterprise editions present), you have to turn off
optimization, otherwise lapack doesn't build properly.

The correct build flags are then
OPTS     = -m64 -fPIC
(at least that's what worked for me)

Regards,
Hanno

Emanuele Olivetti <olivetti at itc.it> said:

> Ops, sorry for the misleding subject: I wrote ATLAS but I meant
LAPACK :)