[Numpy-discussion] question about standalone small software and teaching

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 4 21:00:37 CDT 2007

Sebastian Haase wrote:

> OK, but what is "wrong" with the first way !?  I mean,  it somehow
> seems not like "it's usually done" in Python ?  Normally there is
> always a __init__(self) that sets up everything referring to self --
> why is this tutorial doing it differently ?

Because it makes the code more readable for the point it's trying to get across.
The __init__ style code would be irrelevant detail detracting from the main point.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco