[Numpy-discussion] question about standalone small software and teaching

Thu Apr 5 01:04:12 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 05:07:38PM -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
> Ah, sorry, I missed the bit where you said you only built inside
> enthought/traits/. I'd build the whole suite. It'll take a bit,
> building the extension modules for Kiva, but nothing too bad. I don't
> know why you'd get the error, though. enthought.traits.api should have
> HasTraits.

Actually if you have problem compiling you can try leaving out kiva, it
is not terribly useful for what you are currently doing. To do this
comment the "config.add_subpackage('kiva') in "setup.py". I have found
out that kiva is the package that is the hardest to compile.

The way I compile the ETS is to use the old "./build_inplace.sh numpy"
method. IWOMB (it works on my box).

Gaël