[Numpy-discussion] numpy-1.0.2 installation error

Travis Oliphant oliphant@ee.byu....
Thu Apr 5 11:26:11 CDT 2007

Myhuong Nguyen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have tried to install numpy-1.0.2 on my SGI (irix6.5) using command
>"python setup.py install" and received the following error message:
>
>File "numpy/core/setup.py", line 48, in generate_config_h
>  raise "ERROR: Failed to test configuration"
>ERROR: Failed to test configuration
>
>What does the message mean? and how to fix it?

It means that something is going wrong during the configuration stage.
We need help getting numpy to build on your hardware.

This means getting the right config.h file generated.  We can start by
manually creating a config.h file that works for your platform and then
figuring out how to get it written.

This configuration file just defines various variables depending on
whether or not your platform (combination of hardware and compiler) has
various functions, has various types defined, and what the sizes of
different types are on your platform.

It usually takes somebody with that hardware to get it fixed.  Are you
willing to help?

-Travis