[Numpy-discussion] question about standalone small software and teaching

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Thu Apr 5 12:36:28 CDT 2007

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007, Christopher Barker apparently wrote:
> I think, in a situation when you are intending the class
> attribute to be over-ridden by an instance attribute, then
> it's clearer to define it as an instance attribute in the
> first place:

This is true of course.
BUT I am with Gael on this one:
when **introducing** newbies to their first class(es),
it can be useful not to introduce with the __init__ function.

Remember, for many perfectly intelligent people,
the phrases 'class object' and 'instance object'
are no more than 'n o i s e  object'.

Of course, shortly thereafter you should clear all this up.
But one step at a time when tutoring/teaching ...

Cheers,
Alan Isaac