[Numpy-discussion] ANN: PyQwt-5.0.0 released
Tue Apr 10 15:13:44 CDT 2007
What is PyQwt ( http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net ) ?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the Qwt C++ class library which
extends the Qt framework with widgets for scientific and engineering
applications. It provides a widget to plot 2-dimensional data and
various widgets to display and control bounded or unbounded floating
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, Qwt, and optionally NumPy or SciPy
in a GUI Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, Mac OS X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
- it plots fast: displaying data with 100,000 points takes about 0.1 s.
- it is licensed under the GPL with an exception to allow dynamic
linking with non-free releases of Qt and PyQt.
PyQwt-5.0.0 is a major release with support for Qt-4.x, many API changes
compared to PyQwt-4.2.x, and a NSIS Windows installer.
1. Python-2.5, -2.4 or -2.3.
2. PyQt-3.18 (to be released in April 2007), or PyQt-3.17.
3. PyQt-4.2 (to be released in April 2007), or PyQt-4.1.x.
3 SIP-4.6 (to be released in April 2007), or SIP-4.5.x.
4. Qt-3.3.x, or -3.2.x.
5. Qt-4.2.x, or -4.1.x.
6. Recent versions of NumPy, numarray, and/or Numeric.
Enjoy -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Numpy-discussion