[Numpy-discussion] detecting shared data

Thu Apr 12 10:29:31 CDT 2007

On 12/04/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to write those tests!
>
> Failures may be expressed using
>
> NumpyTestCase.failIf(self, expr, msg=None)

That's not quite what I mean. There are situations, with the current
code, that it gets the answer wrong (i.e., claims arrays may share
memory when they don't). I know, and it's okay, and if it doesn't
there's a bug, but in view of possible future enhancements, I don't
want to signal an actual failure if it starts working. I do want to
test it though, so I was hoping there was a way to express "I expect
this test to fail, notify me if it doesn't, but don't call it a
failure if it starts working".

Anne