[Numpy-discussion] Newbie Questio: Unused in wild import

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Apr 13 13:09:55 CDT 2007

Víctor A. Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm really new to Python and SciPy and having a strange problem.
> I've installed Python 2.5 on Windows, numpy (last version), Eclipse 3.2
> and latest PyDev extensions.
>
> When importing numpy ("from numpy import *") the next warning is issued :
>
> Unused in wild import: from buffer, c_, FLOATING_POINT_SUPPORT, time,
>
> ... and a lot of symbol name ...
>
> There's no problem in using numpy but i'm just curious about it.
> BTW, sorry if this is not the correct list to post this.

I'm not entirely familiar with the PyDev extensions, but it appears to me that
this is telling you that although you are importing all of those symbols because
of the *, you aren't using most of them. Everything is working exactly as it is
intended to.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."