[Numpy-discussion] building numpy with Intel MS compiler and FFT

rex rex@nosyntax....
Sat Apr 14 20:05:00 CDT 2007

Ray Schumacher <subscriber100@rjs.org> [2007-04-14 09:30]:
> Has anyone  built Python/numpy with the Intel optimized compiler and
> FFT lib for Microsoft, and have any pointers?

I've compiled both Numpy and Python 2.5 with the Intel compiler. On a
Core 2 Duo, at least, the speed increase on Pybench was ~49%, even
before compiling Python with icc. My post about it was on 25 Jan, and
has subject: Compiling Python with icc

I haven't tried the FFT lib.

-rex
--
"Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again."