[Numpy-discussion] building numpy with atlas on ubuntu edgy

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Wed Apr 18 11:13:15 CDT 2007

On 4/17/07, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Now that you mention it, I am also puzzled by this one: I can see why
> you would use atlas3-sse2-dev without atlas3-base-dev (for the static
> library), but not having atlas3-base-dev makes it imposible to
> dynamically link to atlas libraries without customizing makefiles and/or
> configure options.

I'd like to compile atlas so that I can take full advantage of my core
2 duo. Numpy dynamically links to the debian binary of atlas-sse that
I installed. But the atlas website says that they recommend static
linking.

Which do you recommend, static or dynamic? Are there good directions for either?