[Numpy-discussion] fumfunction question

Mark.Miller mpmusu@cc.usu....
Wed Apr 18 13:32:12 CDT 2007

OK...I think I understand.  But just to clarify:

Suppose I have a function that can take 3 parameters

def f(x,y,constant):
    operations

Is it appropriate to use something like

a=numpy.fromfunction(f,(x,y),const)

where x and y give the array dimensions and const is another variable
that is used to perform operations within f.

I know that it doesn't work, but I just wanted to check to see if there
is possibly a syntax that can work.

Thanks,

-Mark