[Numpy-discussion] Question about Optimization (Inline, and Pyrex)

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 18 13:59:44 CDT 2007

Sebastian Haase wrote:

> Does ATLAS/BLAS do anything special for element wise multiplication
> and alike - if for example the data is not aligned or not contiguous?

Nothing that ATLAS optimizes, no. They focus (rightly) on the more complicated
matrix operations (BLAS Level 3, if you are familiar with the BLAS levels).

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco