[Numpy-discussion] building numpy with atlas on ubuntu edgy

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Wed Apr 18 15:03:01 CDT 2007

rex wrote:
> Keith Goodman <kwgoodman@gmail.com> [2007-04-18 10:49]:
>
>> I'd like to compile atlas so that I can take full advantage of my core
>> 2 duo.
>>

> If your use is entirely non-commercial you can use Intel's MKL with
> built-in optimized BLAS and LAPACK and avoid the need for ATLAS.

Just to clarify, my understanding is that if you buy a developer's
license, you can also use it for commercial use, including distributing
binaries. (Otherwise it would seem kind of silly for Intel to invest so
much in their performance libraries and compilers.)