[Numpy-discussion] [Matplotlib-users] Python issue of Computing in Science and Engineering available

Keith Goodman kwgoodman@gmail....
Wed Apr 25 11:56:51 CDT 2007

On 4/25/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/25/07, John Hunter <jdh2358@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/25/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Since authors are allowed by their publication policy to keep a
> > > publicly available copy of their papers on their personal website,
> > > here's the ipython one:
> >
> > Didn't know that...  here's a link to my matplotlib article
>
> I'm going by the language here:
>
> http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/rights/policies.html
>
> Specifically:
>
>  When IEEE publishes the work, the author must replace the previous
> electronic version of the accepted paper with either (1) the full
> citation to the IEEE work or (2) the IEEE-published version, including
> the IEEE copyright notice and full citation. Prior or revised versions
> of the paper must not be represented as the published version.
>

> This explicitly mentions author website redistribution,  as long as
> the official IEEE version is used.
>
> Unless I'm misreading the above, I think it's OK for us to keep such
> copies in our personal sites.  We can link to them from the scipy
> wiki, though I don't think it would be OK to /copy/ the PDFs to the
> scipy wiki.
>
> As always, IANAL and all that.

If any of the authors work for the government their papers are in the
public domain. Here is a reference:

http://cr.yp.to/writing/ieee.html