[Numpy-discussion] numpy endian question

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Thu Apr 26 13:57:04 CDT 2007

El dj 26 de 04 del 2007 a les 11:38 -0700, en/na Russell E. Owen va
escriure:
> In converting some code from numarray to numpy I had this:
> isBigendian = (arr.isbyteswapped() != numarray.isBigEndian)
>
> The only numpy version I've come up with is:
> isBigEndian = (arr.dtype.descr[0][1][0] == '>')

isBigEndian = (arr.dtype.str[0] == '>')

is a little bit shorter. A more elegant approach could be:

isBigEndian = arr.dtype.isnative ^ numpy.little_endian

Cheers,

--
Francesc Altet    |  Be careful about using the following code --
Carabos Coop. V.  |  I've only proven that it works,