[Numpy-discussion] matlab vs. python question

Benjamin Thyreau benjamin@decideur.i...
Sat Apr 28 13:37:39 CDT 2007

Le Samedi 28 Avril 2007 20:03, Simon Berube a écrit :
> (...)
>  On the other hand, if you are more interested in small
> projects where speed of development is more important than long term
> sustainability of the code Matlab is probably better. This is usually
> the case in research environment, at least until you figure out
> exactly what you want to do, then switch to python.
>
> I hope this help,  (...)

I guess the point of the question was, in what way should numpy/scipy be
improved in order to get the same usability at those cases, according to
you ? It's not as obvious as you make it sound, and there also are for sure
some advantages in the ipython/scipy stack over matlab's prompt,
usability-wise. Any experiences which helps in improving it is thus useful
Thanks,
Benjamin