[Numpy-discussion] numpy arrays, data allocation and SIMD alignement

Tue Aug 7 01:23:15 CDT 2007

> For platforms without posix_memalign, I don't see how to
> implement a memory allocator with an arbitrary alignment (more
> precisely, I don't see how to free it if I cannot assume a fixed
> alignement: how do I know where the "real" pointer is ?).

Visual Studio seems to offer a counter part (also note that malloc is
supposed to return a pointer on a 16bits boundary) which is called
_aligned_malloc (
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8z34s9c6(VS.80).aspx). It should be
what you need, at least for Windows/MSVC.

Matthieu