[Numpy-discussion] ANN: PyQwt3D-0.1.6 released
Wed Aug 8 00:36:44 CDT 2007
What is PyQwt3D ( http://pyqwt3d.sourceforge.net) ?
- it is a set of Python bindings for the QwtPlot3D C++ class library
which extends the Qt framework with widgets for 3D data visualization.
PyQwt3D inherits the snappy feel from QwtPlot3D.
The examples at http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/pyqwt3d-examples.html
show how easy it is to make a 3D plot and how to save a 3D plot to
an image or an (E)PS/PDF/PGF/SVG file.
- it requires and extends PyQt, a set of Python bindings for Qt.
- it supports the use of PyQt, Qt, QwtPlot3D, and NumPy or SciPy in a
GUI Python application or in an interactive Python session.
- it runs on POSIX, Mac OS X and Windows platforms (practically any
platform supported by Qt and Python).
- it is licensed under the GPL with an exception to allow dynamic linking
with non-free releases of Qt and PyQt.
The home page of PyQwt3D is http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net.
PyQwt3D-0.1.6 is a bug fix release:
- Improved text display on screen and in pixmaps with Qt-4 and X (requires
the use of the patched QwtPlot3D-0.2.7 library included in PyQwt3D).
1. Python-2.5, or -2.4.
2. PyQt-4.3, -4.2, -4.1, or -3.17.
3. SIP-4.7, -4.6, or -4.5.
4. Qt-4.3, -4.2, Qt-3.3, or -3.2.
Enjoy -- Gerard Vermeulen
More information about the Numpy-discussion