[Numpy-discussion] SIMD friendly allocators: first patch

Sat Aug 11 02:06:23 CDT 2007

Hi,

    I put a first version of aligned allocators for numpy here:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/568 (sorry for the
duplicate, but I had problems connecting with the trac server). I have
tested it on linux only for now, but if problem arise, it should not be
too difficult to solve (will test it soon on windows and mac os X).
    It does not provide yet high level interface (eg requestion python
arrays with given alignment), but if people agree with the current
design, those should not be too difficult to implement.

    cheers,

    David