[Numpy-discussion] fast putmask implementation

Eric Firing efiring@hawaii....
Fri Aug 17 01:40:01 CDT 2007

David M. Cooke wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 04:39:02PM -1000, Eric Firing wrote:
>> As far as I can see there is no way of using svn diff to deal with
>> this automatically, so in the attached revision I have manually removed
>> chunks resulting solely from whitespace.
>>
>> Is there a better way to handle this problem?  A better way to make diffs?
>> Or any possibility of routinely cleaning the junk out of the svn source
>> files?  (Yes, I know--what is junk to me probably results from what others
>> consider good behavior of the editor.)
>
> 'svn diff -x -b' might work better (-b gets passed to diff, which makes
> it ignore space changes). Or svn diff -x -w to ignore all whitespace.
>
> Me, I hate trailing ws too (I've got Emacs set up so that gets
> highlighted as red, which makes me angry :). The hard tabs in C code is
> keeping with the style used in the C Python sources (Emacs even has a
> 'python' C style -- do "C-c . python").

Not any more! See the revised PEP 007,
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0007/

     In Python 3000 (and in the 2.x series, in new source files),
     we'll switch to a different indentation style: 4 spaces per indent,
     all spaces (no tabs in any file).  The rest will remain the same.

I would love to see this as the standard in numpy as well.  Then files
obey WYSIWYG regardless of editor.  (Except for unicode woes, but that
is another topic.)

Eric