[Numpy-discussion] Dict of lists to numpy recarray

Sean Davis seandavi@gmail....
Fri Aug 24 16:03:20 CDT 2007

I have a simple question (I assume), but I can't quite get a handle on the
answer.  I have a dict with each member a list having a long (>5M
elements).  I would like to convert that into a numpy recarray.  So far, my
only thought is to loop over the length of the lists and convert to a list
of tuples--this is SLOW.  What I really need to be able to do is to supply
columns of data to create a recarray, but I haven't found an example of how
to do that.

Thanks,
Sean