[Numpy-discussion] Maskedarray implementations

John Hunter jdh2358@gmail....
Sat Aug 25 13:06:50 CDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Travis Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:
> I like the direction of this work.  For me, the biggest issue is whether
> or not matplotlib (and other code depending on numpy.ma) works with it.
> I'm pretty sure this can be handled and so, I'd personally like to see it.

mpl already supports it (both ma and masked array via a config
setting) and we would be very happy to just maskedarray so we don't
have to support both.   Eric Firing added support for this a couple of
months back...  Things like having support for masked record arrays
are a big incentive to use maskedarray for me....

JDH