[Numpy-discussion] Citing Numeric and numpy

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Wed Aug 29 08:17:21 CDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Peter apparently wrote:
> I would like to know if there is a preferred form for
> citing the old
> "Numeric" library

I'll attach text from the first two pages of *Numerical
Python* below.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac

An Open Source Project

    Numerical Python

David Ascher
Paul F. Dubois
Konrad Hinsen
Jim Hugunin
Travis Oliphant
with contributions from the Numerical Python community.
September 7, 2001
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94566
UCRL­MA­128569

ii
Legal Notice
Please see file Legal.html in the source distribution.

This open source project has been contributed to by many people, including personnel of the Lawrence Liver­
more National Laboratory. The following notice covers those contributions including this manual.
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000, 2001. The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any purpose without fee is hereby granted,
provided that this entire notice is included in all copies of any software which is or includes a copy or modifi­
cation of this software and in all copies of the supporting documentation for such software.
This work was produced at the University of California, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory under con­
tract no. W­7405­ENG­48 between the U.S. Department of Energy and The Regents of the University of Cali­
fornia for the operation of UC LLNL.