[Numpy-discussion] help! not using lapack

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Aug 29 15:46:17 CDT 2007

Mathew Yeates wrote:
> I'm the one who created libblas.a so I must have done something wrong.
> This is lapack-3.1.1.

No, you didn't do anything wrong, per se, you just built the reference F77 BLAS.
It's not an accelerated BLAS, so there's no point in using it with numpy.
There's not way you *can* build it to be an accelerated BLAS.

If you want an accelerated BLAS, try to use ATLAS:

  http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

It is possible that your Linux distribution, whatever it is, already has a build
of it for you.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."