[Numpy-discussion] Accessing a numpy array in a mmap fashion

Brian Donovan donovan@mirsl.ecs.umass....
Thu Aug 30 10:25:44 CDT 2007

Hello all,

  I'm wondering if there is a way to use a numpy array that uses disk as a
memory store rather than ram. I'm looking for something like mmap but which
can be used like a numpy array. The general idea is this. I'm simulating a
system which produces a large dataset over a few hours of processing time.
Rather than store the numpy array in memory during processing I'd like to
write the data directly to disk but still be able to treat the array as a
numpy array. Is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brian
--
Brian Donovan