[Numpy-discussion] Changing the distributed binary for numpy 1.0.4 for windows ?

Mon Dec 10 23:28:05 CST 2007

Andrew Straw wrote:
> A function
> could be called at numpy import time that specifically checks for the
> instruction set on the CPU running

Even better would be a run-time selection of the "best" version. I've
often fantasized about an ATLAS that could do this.

I think the Intel MKL has this feature (though maybe only for Intel
processors). The MKL runtime is re-distributable, but somehow I doubt
that we could have one person buy one copy and distribute binaries to
the entire numpy-using world --- but does anyone know?

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/346084.htm

and

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/266854.htm#copies

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov