[Numpy-discussion] Changing the distributed binary for numpy 1.0.4 for windows ?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Wed Dec 12 06:20:35 CST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 5:58 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 2007 6:45 PM, Ryan Krauss <ryanlists@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Near as I can tell, this is still unresolved for people with non-sse2
> > machines.  Is that right?
>
> Yup.  Your more detailed testing seems to confirm the hunch I had at
> the weekend workshop that SSE2 is the culprit.  Thanks for the info.
>
> It would be really great if we could somehow resolve this quickly.  I
> have a WinXP install under Linux, but it seems to see my CPU as an
> Athlon X2, so that won't work.  But I also have an old laptop with a
> dual-boot XP that's a PIII (no SSE2, and probably the oldest
> reasonable hardware we can expect to support).

I will put new binaries on the sourceforge site this weekend for both
NumPy 1.0.4 and SciPy 0.6.0.  I should be able to find an old PIII
WinXP machine around somewhere, which I will devote to building the
official non-SSE2 releases from here on out.

Cheers,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley