[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] SciPy Sprint results

Thu Dec 20 10:10:44 CST 2007

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> Hi Travis,
>
> During the sprint I also merged Pierre's MaskedArray code into the
> maskedarray branch.  That is nearly done, with only a few unit tests
> still failing -- ones brought over from the old numpy.ma.
>
> This is mainly due to some changes in the API, for example put and
> putmask now behave like their ndarray counterparts.  Pierre, would you
> remind us of any other such changes, and why they were made?
>
> What is the road forward with this code?  We will probably only merge
> API changes into 1.4.  Do we use svnmerge to keep the branch up to
> date until then?

I'd like to move forward with it sooner (for 1.0.5) if the API changes
are not drastic.  Although ideally 0 API changes would be desireable,
I'm not sure if that is feasible.   Are put and putmask the only changes
in the API.  What are the rest of them?

-Travis