[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] Doc-day

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Dec 28 14:19:58 CST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 12:55 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> >     Matthew B. will be working on converting SciPy tests to use nose per
> >     Fernando's email.  If you are familiar with nose and want to help,
> >     please make sure to check with Matthew or Fernando first.
> >

> > I must have missed Fernando's email because I can't find the references
> > for nose :(
>
> Look in "SciPy Sprint Results". It's only a brief mention, though.
>
> > What are its advantages against the current numpy.testing framework ?
>
> Primarily:

[...]

It's worth noting that there's already a preliminary commit of this stuff here:

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/branches/testing_cleanup/scipy/sandbox/exmplpackage/tests

For now we put it in exmplpackage just so Matthew and I could quickly
coordinate, but I think he's working on propagating that throughout
more properly across the whole codebase.

But that directory already has a small readme (to which your email
could be added) as well as a little example, the test_foo file, that
showcases the various features.

Cheers,