[Numpy-discussion] Latest Array-Interface PEP

Michael McLay mclay@l2sg....
Thu Feb 8 12:42:42 CST 2007

On Thursday 04 January 2007 19:36, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Christopher Barker wrote:
> > eople like:
> >
> > wxPython -- Robin Dunn
> > PIL      -- Fredrik Lundh
> > PyOpenGL -- Who?
> > PyObjC -- would it be useful there? (Ronald Oussoren)
> > MatplotLib (but maybe it's already married to numpy...)
> > PyGtk ?
>
> It's a good start, but their is also
>
> PyMedia, PyVoxel, any video-library interface writers, any audo-library
> interface writers.
>
> Anybody who wants to wrap/write code that does some kind of manipulation
> on a chunk of data of a specific data-format.
>
> There are so many people who would use it that I don't feel qualified to
> speak for them all.

Two more places to look for projects that may be interested:

  SQL wrappers, such as Psycopg2, and the Python DB API 2.0 community
  QuantLib (see the message below from the enthought-dev mailing list.)