[Numpy-discussion] Request for porting pycdf to NumPy

Fri Feb 9 11:33:24 CST 2007

hmmm, this page from unidata:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html#Python

Indicates 4-6 different Python netcfd interfaces!

Has anyone done a review of these to see where effort would best be put
into upgrading?

I've used Konrad Hinsen's package a little bit with success, and I think
he's upgraded all of Scientific Python to support numpy now, but I know
nothing of the others.

I think it would be ideal if Unidata could be persuaded to adopt an
maintain one as the official version to save this extra work an
confusion. Maybe there is some hope of this for netcdf4.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov