[Numpy-discussion] pyhdf / was: Request for porting pycdf to NumPy

Christian Marquardt christian@marquardt...
Fri Feb 9 16:24:56 CST 2007

On Fri, February 9, 2007 22:28, Christopher Barker wrote:
>> Andre Gosselin (the guy who wrote pycdf) also wrote an interface to HDF4
>> (not 5) named pyhdf.
>
> Is he still maintaining these packages? Have you submitted the patches
> to him?

a) Don't know; the last releases of pycdf and pyhdf are from February 2001
and July 2005, respectively.

b) Yes, but just half an hour ago, after I had seen the request for pycdf
here.

I would actually prefer if Andre would apply the patches in some way in
his distribution. The C wrappers for both pycdf and pyhdf are created with
swig,
but the original interface description files are not included in the
distribution. So I patched the generated wrapper code instead of the
original files. Or rather let Travis' alter_codeN do the job;-))

  Chris.