[Numpy-discussion] pickling ufuncs?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Feb 12 08:01:25 CST 2007

eric jones wrote:
> I recently noticed that we can't pickle ufuncs (like sin, ...).  Is
> there any technical reason this doesn't work, or is it in the category
> of 'just needs to be done...'

We talked about this about two weeks ago:

  http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2007-January/025778.html

In short, there is a technical reason that it doesn't work in general, there is
a workaround that will work for all of the ufuncs that are exposed in modules
(but not those created on the fly by scipy.vectorize(), for example), and that
workaround is in the category of "just needs to be done."

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco