[Numpy-discussion] Unifying numpy, scipy, and matplotlib docstring formats

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 15 11:02:58 CST 2007

On 2/15/07, Keir Mierle <mierle@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the DocstringStandard page I have also put a completely re-done docstring
> for the 'contour' function from matplotlib. I think it is far more readable
> than the original [3]. JDH and other matplotlibheads, what do you think?
> Travis, do you find my additions reasonable? Scipy maintainers, would you
> consider adopting this format (especially if someone helps with the gruntwork)?

It looks like you took the initial proposal rather than the result of
that discussion. Please see the document that we came up with:

http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk/numpy/doc/HOWTO_DOCUMENT.txt

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."