[Numpy-discussion] Possible solution to binary distributionproblems for numpy on linux?

LUK ShunTim shuntim.luk@polyu.edu...
Mon Feb 12 23:35:24 CST 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Keith Goodman wrote:
>> On 2/11/07, David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>>> My impression is that binary distribution of numpy is a big problem for many
>>> linux users, and that is entry barrier for many users (I may be wrong, that's just
>>> an impression from the ML).
>> Do all of the major GNU/Linux distributions have recent versions of NumPy?
>>
>> Debian Etch is at NumPy 1.0.1
> I think debian has numpy now (I am not using debian on workstation
> anymore, so I am not really following), but what about new versions of
> numpy/scipy ? If I want to give some of my code to people in my lab who
> do not use the same distribution than me, can I give a 10 minutes
> instructions set to have everything ?

"Bleeding-edge apt-get repository" according to their web page.
"To use it add the following line to you /etc/apt/sources.list"

deb http://deb-scipy.alioth.debian.org/apt ./

Regards,
ST