[Numpy-discussion] Forcing the use of unoptimized blas/lapack even when atlas is present

David M. Cooke cookedm@physics.mcmaster...
Mon Feb 19 10:15:04 CST 2007

On Feb 19, 2007, at 11:04 , Robert Kern wrote:

> David Cournapeau wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>     I am developing a building tool to automatically build the whole
>> numpy/scipy/matplotlib set from sources including dependencies,
>> and one
>> of the problem I got is to force which blas/lapack version to use
>> when
>> building numpy and scipy.
>>     I thought that doing a BLAS=blaslib LAPACK=lapacklib python
>> setup.config was enough when build numpy, but numpy still wants to
>> use
>> atlas. I would like to avoid using site.cfg if possible, as I want to
>> build everything automatically,
>
> Set ATLAS=0, I believe.

Not quite, you need
LAPACK=None BLAS=None

(ATLAS=None is only needed if ATLAS is being looked for specifically,
i.e., system_info.atlas_info is used instead of
system_info.lapack_opt_info in the setup.py. AFAIK, that's only used
when debugging ATLAS installs in scipy).