[Numpy-discussion] f2py and Fortran90 gfortran_filename error

Tyler Hayes hayes.tyler@gmail....
Wed Feb 28 09:29:10 CST 2007

Hi Pearu:

Well, the -l option worked!!! (May you live to be one thousand.)

To be honest though, I had thought I was using NumPy (I even purchased
the NumPy manual). How do I switch f2py to always use NumPy?

Either way, it now works....

Cheers,

t.

On 28/02/07, pearu@cens.ioc.ee <pearu@cens.ioc.ee> wrote:
> > Thanks for helping out Pearu,
> >
> > But it won't even create the .so file using that command. Using what
> > you suggested, seems to work as it goes through many of the processes
> > but then f2py stops at:
> >
> > error: don't know how to compile Fortran code on platform 'posix' with
> > 'gnu95' compiler. Supported compilers are:
> > compaq,absoft,intel,gnu,sun,f,vast,ibm,lahey,intelv,intele,pg,compaqv,mips,hpux,intelev,nag)
> >
> > Even more weird is on my laptop the situation is even worse. Check out
> > this error which I seem to get regardless of whether I use the gnu95
> > line like you suggested on the --f90exec option.
> >
> > thayes@seneca:~/fortran90/am562b/misc_finite$ f2py -c
> > --fcompiler=gnu95 matsolve2.pyf matsolve.f90
> > Unknown vendor: "gnu95"
> > numpy_info:
> >   FOUND:
> >     define_macros = [('NUMERIC_VERSION', '"\\"24.2\\""')]
> >     include_dirs = ['/usr/include/python2.4']
>
> The problem is that you are using Numeric and f2py2e combination that do
> not have gfortran support (in f2py2e, to be specific).
> You can either switch to Numpy (that includes f2py with gfortran support)
> or use your original command line with -lgfortran specified:
>
>   f2py -c matsolve2.pyf --f90exec=/usr/bin/gfortran matsolve.f90 -lgfortran
>
> If you get more undefined symbol errors then find out which libraries
> define these symbols and include the corresponding -l<libname> switches.
>
> Note that it is recommended to switch using to numpy as f2py has better
> F90 support there.
>
> Pearu

Tyler Joseph Hayes

GPG Key ID# 0x3AE05130