[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmx.net
Fri Jan 5 20:20:44 CST 2007

package header would usually be found in
PREFIX/include/python2.x

(with PREFIX being something like: /usr/lib/python24  or C:/python24 )

However for obscure reasons  in numpy
the header files are in

PREFIX/lib/python2.x/site-packages/numpy/core

You have to "somehow" add this as '-I <path above>'  to your compiler
command line -- this is what setup.py would do for you.

( maybe you need to look in /usr/local/lib/... )

-Sebastian