[Numpy-discussion] Where's append in NumPy??

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:27:06 CST 2007

On 1/8/07, Lou Pecora <lou_boog2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Where is  append  in NumPy?  I see it in the numpy
> manual (I paid for and have the latest version),  but
> when I invoke it, Python complains that it doesn't
> exist.  In  iPython a query like  append?  gives
> 'append" not found (after importing numpy).  Other
> numpy functions are there (e.g. nansum on same page in
> the book).  What am I missing?

In [1]: import numpy as N

In [2]: N.*app*?
N.append
N.apply_along_axis
N.apply_over_axes

In [3]: N.append?
Type:           function
Base Class:     <type 'function'>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:
/home/fperez/tmp/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/lib/function_base.py
Definition:     N.append(arr, values, axis=None)
Docstring:
    Append to the end of an array along axis (ravel first if None)

Cheers,