[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

Erin Sheldon erin.sheldon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 23:15:47 CST 2007

I'm finally getting to this, I'm on the road.  Here is
what gdb gives me

--snip--
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
Reading symbols for shared libraries .. done

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x5a6ae09a
parse_fond (fond_data=0x5a6ae060 <Address 0x5a6ae060 out of bounds>,
have_sfnt=0x5a6ae09c, sfnt_id=0xbfff8f4e, lwfn_file_name=0xbfff8e4a
"", face_index=0) at
/usr/local/src/freetype-2.2.1/src/base/ftmac.c:628
628     /usr/local/src/freetype-2.2.1/src/base/ftmac.c: No such file
or directory.
        in /usr/local/src/freetype-2.2.1/src/base/ftmac.c

For some reason it is looking for something from freetype
in /usr/local/src but this directory has never existed
on my computer.  This is a new computer and I used the migration
assistant to copy things from my old computer, so perhaps some
paths got messed up.   I don't know how to address
that type of issue on a Mac with no ld.so.conf type of file.

Erin