[Numpy-discussion] failed to build numpy and Numeric in Windows

Zhou, Mi Mi.Zhou at STJUDE.ORG
Fri Jan 12 14:07:23 CST 2007

Hi,

Python on the same machine was built with MSVS2005. I think it is
capable of building python modules.

Interestingly, if I replace "floor" with "ceil" in that line of code. It
will build just fine, and of course, the Numeric.floor() will work just
like Numeric.ceil():

static void * floor_data[] = { (void *)ceil,  (void *)ceil,  (void
*)"floor",  };

Thanks,

Mi

-----Original Message-----
From: numpy-discussion-bounces at scipy.org
[mailto:numpy-discussion-bounces at scipy.org] On Behalf Of Robert Kern
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 1:55 PM
To: Discussion of Numerical Python
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] failed to build numpy and Numeric in
Windows

Zhou, Mi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build Numpy-1.01 in windows using "python setup.py
> build".  My C compiler is MSVS2005.

Hmm. I was pretty sure that MSVS2005 was not capable of building Python
extension modules that work with the official Python interpreter builds.
That
doesn't explain or solve the problem that you state, but if the problem
is
restricted to MSVS2005, it may not be worth solving.

--
Robert Kern

enigma
 that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
it had
 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco