[Numpy-discussion] Latest Array-Interface PEP

Timothy Hochberg tim.hochberg at ieee.org
Fri Jan 12 14:47:10 CST 2007

On 1/12/07, Torgil Svensson <torgil.svensson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/12/07, Timothy Hochberg <tim.hochberg at ieee.org> wrote:
> [CHOP]
>
> > the core. I'm sure it's less efficient, but you shouldn't need to parse
> the
> > data structure information very often.
>
> I believe that'll be more common than you think; for example
> dynamically creating/combining/slicing recarrays with various data.

I was unclear here. I didn't mean like that it would be infrequent in "once
a month" sense. I meant that you would only need to look at the data
structure information once per set of data that you are accessing and that
you would typically extract many chunks of data from each set, so the
amortized cost of parsing the data structure would be small.

Trying to get out the door....

--
//=][=\\

tim.hochberg at ieee.org