[Numpy-discussion] Come to PyCon if you can

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 16:24:07 CST 2007

On 1/15/07, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This is a little plug for coming to PyCon Feb 22-25.  I am going to be
> there from Thursday night (Feb. 22) until Saturday evening (Feb. 25),
> and would like to meet with anyone interested to discuss some of the
> issues surrounding NumPy/SciPy and the PEPs we are working on for
> Python.  I would stay for the sprints but I can't this year.  If others
> are interested in using the sprints for SciPy/NumPy development, then we
> can still coordinate efforts.

Another plug: there will be two ipython talks, one on the basics and
one on the new distributed computing work.  Unfortunately I won't be
able to make it so Brian Granger will present both.

And one more plug:  if anyone is in the SF/Berkeley area, I'm
co-organizing a workshop at the Math Sciences Research Institute
there, on parallel/distributed computing for mathematical problems:

http://sage.math.washington.edu/msri07/

The wiki has all the real details:

http://sage.math.washington.edu:9001/msri07

This isn't python-specific, but you may find some of the talks
interesting, and attendance is free if you don't need funding.  The
deadline for actual registration has passed, but if you are in the
area, all talks are open to the public.

Cheers,