[Numpy-discussion] svn numpy did not build on os x

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:29:53 CST 2007


I just did a clean checkout of numpy a few minutes ago (Intel mac
book, Python 2.4.3 universal) and a simple python setup.py build
worked fine.

What Python are you using (where did you get it)?
Is there something wierd going on with your gcc?

Brian

On 1/19/07, Srinath Vadlamani <srinath at txcorp.com> wrote:
> I just did an svn up (1/19/07)  and tried building numpy with no
> success.  It built fine yesterday (1/18/07).  This is on OS X tiger.
> Attached is the error output.  I hope that attachments work with the
> mailing list.
>
> --
> ==========================================================
> Srinath Vadlamani                       srinath at txcorp.com
> Tech-X Corp.                            o:303-996-2034
> 5621 Arapahoe Ave. Suite A              f:303-448-7756
> Boulder, CO 80303
> ==========================================================
>
>
>
> Running from numpy source directory.
> non-existing path in 'numpy/distutils': 'site.cfg'
> No module named __svn_version__
> F2PY Version 2_3513
> blas_opt_info:
>   FOUND:
>     extra_link_args = ['-Wl,-framework', '-Wl,Accelerate']
>     define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 3)]
>     extra_compile_args = ['-faltivec', '-I/System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Headers']
>
> lapack_opt_info:
>   FOUND:
>     extra_link_args = ['-Wl,-framework', '-Wl,Accelerate']
>     define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 3)]
>     extra_compile_args = ['-faltivec']
>
> running build
> running config_fc
> running build_src
> building py_modules sources
> building extension "numpy.core.multiarray" sources
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h' to sources.
> executing numpy/core/code_generators/generate_array_api.py
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h' to sources.
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src' to include_dirs.
> numpy.core - nothing done with h_files= ['build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src/scalartypes.inc', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src/arraytypes.inc', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h']
> building extension "numpy.core.umath" sources
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h' to sources.
> executing numpy/core/code_generators/generate_ufunc_api.py
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__ufunc_api.h' to sources.
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src' to include_dirs.
> numpy.core - nothing done with h_files= ['build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src/scalartypes.inc', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src/arraytypes.inc', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__ufunc_api.h']
> building extension "numpy.core._sort" sources
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h' to sources.
> executing numpy/core/code_generators/generate_array_api.py
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h' to sources.
> numpy.core - nothing done with h_files= ['build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h']
> building extension "numpy.core.scalarmath" sources
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h' to sources.
> executing numpy/core/code_generators/generate_array_api.py
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h' to sources.
> executing numpy/core/code_generators/generate_ufunc_api.py
>   adding 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__ufunc_api.h' to sources.
> numpy.core - nothing done with h_files= ['build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/config.h', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__multiarray_api.h', 'build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/__ufunc_api.h']
> building extension "numpy.core._dotblas" sources
>   adding 'numpy/core/blasdot/_dotblas.c' to sources.
> building extension "numpy.lib._compiled_base" sources
> building extension "numpy.numarray._capi" sources
> building extension "numpy.fft.fftpack_lite" sources
> building extension "numpy.linalg.lapack_lite" sources
>   adding 'numpy/linalg/lapack_litemodule.c' to sources.
> building extension "numpy.random.mtrand" sources
> customize NAGFCompiler
> customize AbsoftFCompiler
> customize IbmFCompiler
> Could not locate executable f77
> Could not locate executable f95
> customize GnuFCompiler
> customize GnuFCompiler
> customize GnuFCompiler using config
> C compiler: gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3
>
> compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/python2.4 -c'
> gcc: _configtest.c
> _configtest.c:7:2: error: #error No _WIN32
> _configtest.c:7:2: error: #error No _WIN32
> lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccS3IyWE.out
> _configtest.c:7:2: error: #error No _WIN32
> _configtest.c:7:2: error: #error No _WIN32
> lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccS3IyWE.out
> failure.
> removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o
> building data_files sources
> running build_py
> copying build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/__config__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy
> copying build/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/distutils/__config__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/distutils
> copying numpy/f2py/__svn_version__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/f2py
> copying numpy/core/__svn_version__.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core
> running build_ext
> customize UnixCCompiler
> customize UnixCCompiler using build_ext
> building 'numpy.core.multiarray' extension
> compiling C sources
> C compiler: gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3
>
> compile options: '-Ibuild/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -Ibuild/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/python2.4 -c'
> gcc: numpy/core/src/multiarraymodule.c
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18606:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18649:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18690:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20532:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20575:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20616:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cco1Zdpm.out (No such file or directory)
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18606:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18649:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:18690:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20532:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20575:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> /var/tmp//ccDQNZ7Y.s:20616:no such 386 instruction: `fisttp'
> lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cco1Zdpm.out (No such file or directory)
> error: Command "gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Ibuild/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -Ibuild/src.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core/include -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/include/python2.4 -c numpy/core/src/multiarraymodule.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-fat-2.4/numpy/core/src/multiarraymodule.o" failed with exit status 1
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Numpy-discussion mailing list
> Numpy-discussion at scipy.org
> http://projects.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>
>
>


More information about the Numpy-discussion mailing list