[Numpy-discussion] Cutting 1.0.2 release

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Jan 31 07:53:18 CST 2007

> Thanks Alan & Chris,
>
> My apologies. I was trying ones(), zeros() and empty() in ipython
> 0.7.2
> with the -pylab option and getting the wrong functions. On my system,
> ipython -pylab imports the namespace of the oldnumeric wrapper
> versions
> of ones(), zeros() and empty() and I had assumed these were the core
> numpy versions. Maybe this has been changed in ipython 0.7.3.

Hmm ... it doesn't appear to be so:

In [2]: import IPython

In [3]: IPython.__version__
Out[3]: '0.7.4.svn.r2010'

In [4]: ones?
Type:           function
Base Class:     <type 'function'>
String Form:    <function ones at 0x34ad8b0>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:           /opt/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/
oldnumeric/functions.py
Definition:     ones(shape, typecode='l', savespace=0, dtype=None)
Docstring:
     ones(shape, dtype=int) returns an array of the given
     dimensions which is initialized to all ones.

Is something that should change/be reported to the ipython ML maybe?

-steve