[Numpy-discussion] Building numpy 1.0.3-2 on Linux 2.6.8 i686 (Debian 3.1)

Sun Jul 1 06:50:48 CDT 2007

Michael Hoffman wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>> Michael Hoffman wrote:
>>> Hi. I have been trying to build NumPy on a 32-bit Linux box using python
>>> setup.py build. I received the following errors:
>  >> [...]
>  >
>> Which distribution are you building on ?
>
> Which Linux distribution? Debian 3.1.
Mmh, 3.1 is sarge, which has python2.4 as default, right ? There may be
a mismatch somewhere... Particularly since you have two python include
path (/nfs/acari/mh5/include/python2.5  and
/software/python-2.5/include/python2.5) which are non standart. Are you
using those on purpose ? Why not the debian python devel package (do you
use your own compiled python ?)

David