[Numpy-discussion] Buildbot for numpy

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Mon Jul 2 19:26:15 CDT 2007

I have the potential to add OS X Server Intel (64-bit) and OS X Intel
(32-bit) to the list, if I can convince my boss that the security risk
(including DOS from compile times) is minimal. I've compiled both
numpy and scipy many times, so I'm not worried about resources for a
single compile/test, but can any of the regular developers tell me
about how many commits there are per day that will trigger a
compile/test?

About the more general security risk of running a buildbot slave, from
my reading of the buildbot manual (not the source, yet), it looks like
the slave is a Twisted server that runs as a normal user process. Is
there any sort of sandboxing built into the buildbot slave or is that
the responsibility of the OS (an issue I'll have to discuss with our
IT)?

On a side note, buildbot.scipy.org goes to the DSP lab, Univ. of
Stellenbosch's home page, not the buildbot status page.

Thanks,
Barry